Monday, June 6, 2016

Week 9 EOC: My Creative Content

Week 9 EOC: My Creative Content
                Nothing draws people to good food like good looking food. Everybody can understand that a first impression, or first “image” is everything. This concept becomes extremely relevant when discussing restaurant and food type products. Most businesses try to provide enough customer satisfaction so after you come through the door needing something, you keep coming back. When it comes to food, a picture can be the way of getting a customer to show up that first time. A good representation of your product can take you a long way. For example, take the fast food giant McDonalds. Advertisement after advertisement McDonalds manages to release outstanding visual representations of their food and we all know that McDonalds does NOT taste or look how it does in the commercial, but we keep going back.
                For this project I will be preparing a serving of my Cuban Stuffed Nachos and trying to accomplish a professional, quality looking picture of my food. I will be using my home oven and ingredients to prepare my dish as best I can. For the photograph itself I will be using a Canon Sl1 DSLR camera with a wide angle and/or telephoto lens. (depending on which I prefer) The image will be lit in front of a green or white screen using Limo studio lighting equipment, or if quality can be improved, the food will be photographed in one of the light boxes at school. I will use Photoshop to edit and help correct and bring my final photograph to the quality I am seeking.

                For this project I am also considering, but not completely committed to creating a radio commercial for Phileas Fog’s Cuban Stuffed Nachos. The commercial will run either 15 seconds or 30 seconds long. I will record voice of the commercial using an akg 420 multi pattern condenser microphone. The signal will be processed by a Scarlett 2i2 audio interface into the software, Pro Tools, where the commercial will be edited to perfection. I will compose/perform a live Spanish classical guitar piece as background music for the commercial as well to make it complete. Again, the radio commercial may not be definite. I may provide solely the picture if the commercial can’t be created, provide the commercial if the picture can’t be created, or provide both. I’d just like to make sure I have some viable options for my creative content.

No comments:

Post a Comment